It is estimated that about half of the world’s population is on the Internet. The world is now controlled with clicks and microchips. The ever-increasing number of individuals on the Internet takes digital marketing to a whole new level. The most prominent form of digital marketing is social media marketing. Social media platforms are a dominant element of the Internet today, with about the same number of internet users also social media users. Thus, in the world of digital marketing, social media marketing takes the lead. Social media marketing capitalizes on the interconnection of people on social media platforms to promote a particular brand or product. There are various social media platforms, and the idea of social media marketing keeps expanding.
However, marketing on social media is influenced and affected by many factors, such as the ease of operating a platform, the user experience interface, the algorithm behind content exposure, and many more. Snapchat ticks all of the boxes of positives. Snapchat is an app that connects millions of people instantly. Suggest accounts that are near the users’ location and can also connect you to millions all over the world. You have probably heard about Snapchat before but haven’t thought about harnessing the powers of Snapchat to promote your brand. The blog post will show you how to utilize one of the most overlooked apps in social media marketing. Promote your business using Snapchat today: here is why Snapchat boasts over 500 million monthly active followers and 10 billion daily views. Over 70% of teens use Snapchat. Snapchat is a platform that brings the concept of temporary connection to the next level. Snaps sent on Snapchat can be only a few seconds, and Snapchat stories last for only 24 hours. The concept of Snapchat stories took the world by storm, with Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Twitter all mimicking this feature. Snapchat has various features that can be used creatively. Yet, Snapchat is one of the most underused social media platforms in social media marketing. About only 2% of marketers use the platform to reach customers. These results mainly stream from various reasons such as; the platform’s temporary features, the one- way traffic, the inability to generate KPI, etc. The low percentage of marketers on the platform is an ideal reason why you should make a resolve to use Snapchat as one of your platforms to market your brand and products. We’ll show you how.
- Who are you targeting?: Snapchat is predominantly used by teens, with an extra percentage of users between the ages of 25 to 40. Leveraging this information would prove vital to you after evaluating your target audience. What age group does your business affect the most? Who is most likely to get your products? Determining the age relevance to your business is a relevant tool in deciding if you’ll use Snapchat as a marketing platform.
- Take time to understand the different features and how to take advantage of them: Snapchat comes with dozens of features. This feature makes providing an experience easy and fun. Hundreds of filters are available. Short snaps, stories, and memories are commonly used features on Snapchat. These have made Snapchat a go-to app for most young people just for catching fun, chatting, and creating posts. But you can all these to your advantage and turn them into a tool for marketing.
- Get an account and sponsor it on all other platforms: Now you know about the various tools and features on Snapchat, and you’re ready to target the generation Z market. The next thing you’ll do is to create an account which is just a piece of cake. Once you get your account, sponsor your Snapchat on all other social media platforms you have an account on. You can add it to your bio or post stories from your Snapchat on your different social media accounts. Try giving your Snapchat some exclusivity. This can be done by having some content posted solely on Snapchat.
- Build your connection: build your connection by getting subscribers, followers, and following accounts related to your business. Because Snapchat has the ‘add nearby’ feature, it is easy to gain access to accounts nearest to your business location.
- Post to your story regularly: Stories are contents that you post and last for just 24 hours. Stories are the main contents that are viewed on Snapchat. Posting stories periodically keep your account active and your brand fresh in their minds. Make sure your contents are creative and fun. For maximum engagement and impression on your stories, post your stories on a schedule. This will keep your customers clued to your page and aware of what they are likely to see. Also, you can add a tag to your stories on each post. For example, if you run a restaurant, Mondays can be munchy Mondays, Tasty Tuesdays, etc.
- Snaps! Keeping snapping and sending: Snaps are short videos or pictures that last from between 1 second to 10 seconds. Snapchat lovers love snaps! It is imperative. Sending snaps won’t only keep your products in the mind of customers but grow your account as well.
- Create sponsored lens: lenses are filters that can overlay on pictures. It offers a creative way of taking pictures. Businesses can now create a customized lens to market their products.
- Geofilters: Geo filters are special filter overlays that can only be accessed in a particular location. It is a graphical animated representation of a specific place. Businesses with locations, such as restaurants, salons, etc., can create unique Geofilters for their locations on Snapchat.
- Encourage users’ participation: Encourage the involvement of your followers and users by posting user-related content that shows people interacting with your products. You can do this by: Reposting stories of customers that use your sponsored lens.
- Encourage people that come to your location to use your created Geofilters and tag your business account.
- Offer promo codes, coupons, and discounts for engagement and patronage through your Snapchat.
- Grant exclusivity to certain content or products to only your Snapchat subscribers and followers. The exclusive access would prompt people to rush to your page. Everyone loves to feel special.
- Always reply to your customers and make time to post on relevant topics. Even if your snaps shouldn’t be void of your products, you should also let your followers know that you are aware of topics that could relate to them. You should always make time to reply to your customers. Please give them a feeling of importance.
So you have been equipped with the tools to turn Snapchat into a marketing goldmine. Your Snapchat account will draw millions of potential customers to your business. Use these proven tips to improve your marketing strategy. Your Snapchat is just more than just for snaps and chats. It has so much more to offer.