It is an undeniable fact that social media has had a significant impact on the world today. It has changed how mankind communicates with each other, allowing people to convey words and thoughts to anyone, anywhere. Society today uses social media for many things; airing out political opinions and issues, connecting with friends and family, or even getting acquainted with new people. Basically, social media is a tool that helps us say our piece to the world.
Since social media can make anyone see, read, or hear anything you want, it is perhaps the most convenient tool for businesses to get their brands, products, and services out in the open. What’s more, there are hundreds of platforms to choose from, and most of the best ones are free, meaning that costs for your marketing strategy can be minimal with immense benefits. One of such websites is Quora, a social question-and-answer platform that allows members to share knowledge and information. If you are looking for an underrated and underutilized social media platform that many other businesses are overlooking, try Quora. This article will tell you how to use this platform effectively to promote your brand. Enjoy!
Why You Should Use Quora for Your Business
You may be thinking, “Will a question and answer platform be a good tool to market my business and promote my brand?” However, there are a lot of different things that make Quora a great addition to your social media marketing strategy. One is the website’s traffic, with about 300 million active monthly users. Another great thing about Quora is the visibility of your content. Quora questions and answers are visible on Google, the most visited website ever, making people interested in your content more likely to see and interact with them when they search for related topics. With good rhetorical skills, you can answer questions by demonstrating how your product or services solve them, bringing in potential customers.
As you continue using Quora, your efforts’ returns keep increasing, making it an overall satisfying and beneficial endeavor. Not to mention, the platform is great for learning different things about your business and solutions to issues you may be facing from seasoned entrepreneurs and experts. You can create a network of business owners like you, learn a lot from them, and gain tangible and intangible value. All these and more are the why Quora will be a beneficial addition to your social marketing strategy.
If you want to do something that requires your attention and effort to yield positive results, you should do it well. Investing your time in building a marketing campaign on Quora is not an easy project, but it is ultimately rewarding. We have compiled a few suggestions to make your brand promotion on Quora more effective and efficient. Here are a few things you should know and do;
First Impressions Matter! Your Profile Describes You and Your Brand
Your profile is the first thing your potential customers see when they try to look you up. This means that it must reflect the kind of reputation and image you have in mind for your brand. Some points you should consider when editing your profile are as follows;
- Use your real name and put a picture of yourself. Anonymity doesn’t help promote your business in any way.
- Add a bio and mention your business there. Your bio should clearly state your business, your products or services, and short, relevant information.
- For greater credibility, you can include credentials about your area of specialty, education, or employment.
- Share a link to your website and other social media accounts here. People may want to visit.
- Select a few topics you know about well (they should be relevant to your business) and create topic-specific bios for them.
Do Your Research
After you have created your account and edited your profile, the next step is to search for topics related to your business in one form or another, look for questions and read the answers. This may seem boring, but it is the best way to gain an idea of what kinds of questions are popularly posed and how others answer them. Good indicators for effective answers are the upvotes received, so you should pay attention to answers with more of those. Doing your research will help you learn how to articulate your answers in the best way possible to others, allowing you to create quality content by the time you start answering questions.
Look for the Right Quora Questions
You should only answer questions related to your business or topics you know well. Quora allows you to look for questions pertaining to any topic you have in mind using keywords. Make sure you filter out the questions asked to recent ones and find those with higher upvotes for better visibility. Also, you should pay attention to the question followers, as they are a good indicator of the potential interaction you may gain from answering insightfully. Quora will offer you the option of getting suggested questions in your email; you should enable this, so you don’t miss recent and trending questions on relevant topics
Answer Well. Answer Strategically
This is where things get a bit tricky. Don’t worry; we have some great tips about how you can answer questions effectively. Some are as follows;
- Answer authoritatively. You want to show people that you know exactly what you’re saying. “Maybe” or, “I think” should be avoided, as it introduces doubt to your answers.
- Set a good tone. There is no single option for the perfect style. It all depends on your target audience. You will want to sound formal and assertive when answering questions that older people will most likely see, but you also want to sound friendly and simple for younger audiences.
- For more credibility to your answers, you can add references to research, graphs, statistics, etc., so your answers seem more reliable.
- Remember, you need to bring people to your business. This is the technical part. You must find a way to introduce your business as the solution to people’s questions. This may require a little bit of thinking, but you should have an idea of how you can create such answers from your research of how others did it. Share links to your website.
- Answer in detail. This is very important. Quality beats quantity here, so you have to ensure that your responses are succinct.
Connect with Others
Quora is not just a question-and-answer website but also a social media platform. Strengthen relationships with potential customers by engaging them, answering their questions, and dropping upvotes. You can ask questions about your products and receive feedback from your customers. Socialize with other business owners on the platform and learn from them. Don’t ignore inquiries about your brand or products, especially the ones that may seem dangerous (this is an excellent opportunity to gain tangible feedback and strengthen your brand reputation).
So there you have it! Following these short guides will help you get the most out of Quora
as a social marketing tool. Since about 63% of users research online purchases, this platform shows promises in driving up your sales and promoting your brand’s online presence. Quora is one of the most underrated platforms for business promotion, so it’s best you use it to the fullest now. If you don’t mind spending money, you can use Quora ads services, which increases your visibility exponentially. We wish you good luck.