Ask Yourself . . . What do you want to get from Facebook?
Why are you marketing on Facebook?
To help you sort through the many layers of Facebook marketing, there are 9 core Facebook marketing rules to consider as you create your Page.
#1: Give It a Human Touch
Highlight the team behind your Facebook Page.
- Your fans don’t want to connect with your brand or logo . . . they want to talk to YOU
- First names always
- Brands that allow their Page admins to have real conversations with their fans are much more likely to have active, engaging Pages
#2: Create Fresh Content
- Content = video, stats, quotes, audio, pictures, thoughts, questions
- Your content should educate, entertain, and/or empower
- Publish your best stuff
#3: Cultivate Engagement with 2-Way Dialogue
- Engagement is about getting your fans to take action
- Get fans to post on your Page, comment on your posts, click the Like button next to your posts and share your content
- Engagement is about showing up daily and taking an interest in your fans likes, interests, and opinions
Three No-Fail FB Question Strategies
- Make It Fun: What was the last movie you saw? Two thumbs up or a waste of time?
- Let them promote themselves: Do you have a Facebook Page? Post your link below to share with the group!
- Keep it easy: One-word answers generate more engagement.
#4: Create Enticing Calls To Action Consistently
- Give them a reason to take action
- Discounts or specials are a great way to reward your clients
- “Hey, I really appreciate you being a fan. Thanks for coming on over. I want to do something special for you now.”
#5: Make Word of Mouth Advocacy Easy
- Customers trust their friends and other customers more than they trust a brand
- It’s human nature to gravitate toward the person you have a relationship with
- Fans love to talk about themselves – give them that chance!
#6: Encourage Fan-to-Fan Conversations
- Enhance your fans’ experience by creating a community that encourages peer-to-peer communication among your fans
- Showcase your fans
- Recognize your top contributors
#7: Focus on Smart Branding
- FB = Mini-site of your own Web site
- Create a bridge from Facebook to your website
- Spark familiarity with your brand – but ALSO add content that is exclusive only to your Facebook Fans
- Give them a reason to come back for more!
#8: Be Deliberate and Manage Fan Expectations
- Decide why you want to have a presence on FB
- Often, your vision for Facebook will be aligned with your overall company vision
- When you know your vision, you can better communicate with your ideal audience – You’ll have a clear direction
#9: Monitor, Measure & Track Your Activity
Make sure you have surefire methods in place that enable you to consistently track your Facebook marketing progress.