Have you had enough of social media and social networks?
Are you sick of spending hours upon hours in front of your computer screen making status updates, “liking” things, checking follower and fan counts and visitor statistics?
Feel like you need to get outdoors and actually talk to real people?
Then why not throw in the towel and commit social media suicide!
This article will show you how to pull the plug on your digital-self and delete your social networking accounts.
There are a couple of ways to nuke your Facebook account.
- You can temporarily disable your account
- Permanently delete your account
I have covered this in detail by providing a step-by-step guide in a previous post on How to Delete Your Facebook Account.
- Login to Twitter
- Click Settings
- Click Deactivate my account
- Verify you want to do this
- Login to Myspace
- Click My Account
- Choose Account
- Scroll down to the Account Cancellation section and and click Cancel Account
- You’ll get an email with a link to complete cancellation
- Log into the account you wish to close
- Click on ‘Settings‘ found at the top of the home page
- Click on ‘Close Your Account‘ under Personal Information
- Select a reason for closing your account
- Click on ‘Continue‘
- Sign in on the Google Accounts homepage. (If you forgot your password, you can reset it)
- Click the Edit link next to the ‘My products‘ list. On this page, you can delete your account
- Confirm your account deletion. To do so, you’ll need to select these two options: ‘Yes, I want to delete my account,’ and ‘Yes, I acknowledge that I am still responsible for any charges incurred due to any pending financial transactions.
- Be sure that all your fees are paid and your account balance is zero
- Submit a request to close your account
- Enter your Yahoo! details
- Terminate your account
- Verify your identity
- Close your account
- Login and go to Settings
- Click on Deactivate my account
- Cancel any outstanding orders in your account
- Click on the <Contact> button to request your account be closed
To close your PayPal account:
- Login to your PayPal account
- Click on My Account > Profile > (Account Information) Close Account
Here are some other services that can also help you delete your social networking accounts,
Web 2.0 Suicide Machine
Delete Your Account
If you have deleted one of your accounts please let us know by leaving a comment below!
If you liked this post please register to receive The Social Media Guide’s free newsletter that’s packed with tips, guides, downloads and more!
Most of these posts are available to download for free as PDFs for registered members.
Let your Facebook friends know that you Like The Social Media Guide by clicking on,